Keep CALM and get Hired!
Our commitment to you
Employers apply to you
Get training mentoring
Exclusive event invites
Improve your skills with us
Graduate recruitment experts
High earning potential
What we offer you
Hire STEM Women will provide you with exclusive opportunities with industry leading partner firms. We offer support in ALL industry types including start ups to FTSE companies. Our roles vary from various subject disciplines including Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths careers. We help you with various interviews from first round, video interviews right to assessment centre!
Sectors we specialise in
Accountancy & Financial Management
Civil & Structure Engineering
Construction & Building Services
Consumer Goods & FMCG
Financial Services & Insurance
Marketing, Advertising & PR
Management & Business
Logistics, Transports & Supply Chain
Investment IT & Technology
Investment & Banking
HR & Recruitment
Media, Journalism & Publishing
Public Service, Charity & Social Work
Quantity Surveying & Building Surveying
Retail, Buying & Merchandising
Science & Research
Teaching & Education
Tips & support
We have partnerships with several employers who all very keen to help you secure roles with them. We get many signups daily and we encourage you to be as organised as possible, know what company you are interested in and the roles you are keen on applying to, if you are not sure that is also okay, we can help you get organised! However for those that do know what they wish to do and what you are interested in be sure to keep a track of this and make a note about any interviews you are due to attend so we can coach you.
If you are unsure about which sector to go into, we are here to help and give you unlimited resources to give you direction, although by the end of your session with our mentors it is ultimately your choice which career path you wish to take in the end. There are unlimited opportunities!
Meet us at campus events
• Research which companies are attending the fair (Graduate Recruiters would be impressed if you do your research!)
• Appear professional – be polite, be confident and show your enthusiasm
• Discuss what you are able to offer in terms of your skills
• Make sure you arrive early avoid the “lunch time rush hour!”
• We encourage students to show their independence, it is nice to have your friends support you but recruiters are interested in you as an individual so try to avoid going in groups
• We provide your university’s careers team with a range of online material and posters so do look out for these!
• Do come and say hello to us when you are on campus as we would love to speak to you and discuss support for you!
If you are not sure what you want to do with your career and are confused get in touch with us to schedule an appointment over the phone to discuss where your degree can take you.
• Every company has a “about us” section, make sure you read this before applying to them
• Know the companies CSR initiatives (Corporate Social Responsibility)
• Be commercially aware
• Know the Financial Health of the company
• Learn about the company culture, for example network with people at the firm via events (we host various events with several partner firms so be sure to register on our website to hear about these opportunities)
• Know about their competitors
• Do check how active they are on social media
• Latest news
• Most employers recruit a year in advance, so if you are looking for a graduate scheme in 2019, you’re best of applying from Sept 2018!
The sky’s the limit
You are at the start of your career and you want to build up on your experience and “personal brand”. We at Hire STEM Women advice you to not limit your options. For example here a few things you should know:
Understand that every role you do will enable you to develop transferable skills, if you do not secure your ideal job, that’s okay! It is not the end of the world.
It is important to learn as much as you can and get involved in projects you enjoy. Do not set yourself to one role as if you do not get this, you will be disappointed and it will knock your confidence, we always encourage people to have three to four back up options.
Figure out, what’s important to you, do you want to work for a large organisation or a start-up or do you enjoy working independently or in a team? These are a lot of questions but they are important as they will allow you to build up your career strategy.
Plan for your future!