This is a permanent opportunity, starting with a 12 week bootcamp.
It's likely you will have already developed a love for programming, and you'll be convinced that a career in software development is where you want to go.
You may have taught yourself to code, been on a course or two, or have a degree in Computer Science. You can stitch some code together but probably have no commercial experience.
Get paid to kickstart your career in Software Engineering
Being a software engineer at Made Tech is a great opportunity to surround yourself with people who care about the software they develop. Made Tech's 12 week Academy program gives you the skills you need to join one of their project delivery teams.
What are we looking for?
Your first 12 weeks is all about learning. Lead by one of our full-time engineers, you'll be sharpening your programming skills and learning all about shipping high quality code in a commercial environment.
The program involves:
- Learning: a combination of tutorials, solo exercises, pair programming exercises, and group programming exercises to brush up on modern software skills from agile practicesto writing automated tests.
- Project Delivery: working as a team to deliver a large project. You'll go through the entire lifecycle: from capturing requirements, working with stakeholders, showcasing your work, and regularly shipping it!
- Live Project: being seconded on to live project teams for 4 weeks to experience life in front of real customers
What happens after 12 weeks?
Once you've completed your 12 week Academy program, you'll join a project team on a live customer delivery. However, this is far from where the learning finishes. Everyone in the team is heavily involved in ongoing learning, including:
- Made Learning Afternoon: every Friday afternoon we down tools on our customer projects and focus on improving our core skills
- Pair Programming: all of our teams practice pair programming. You'll be spending a chunk of your regular working day hands-on coding with other software engineers
- Retrospectives: all teams run retrospectives every couple of weeks to look at what went well and where improvements could be made. We also run a company wide retrospective every other Friday
- Growth Program: you'll have a meeting with a Director every 2 - 4 weeks to evaluate your individual growth goals and objectives enabling you to progress your career as fast as you choose
- Conferences and Meetups: the team are encouraged to attend conferences and meetups
- Discretionary Spend: everyone on the team has their own company card, with discretionary spend on books, conference tickets etc.
What sort of work will I be doing?
You'll be working on engagements with a variety of customers, on assignments typically between 3 and 9 months in duration. You might spend a couple of days a week on-site with customers.
You'll be solving hard software problems. You'll be delivering large, business critical software platforms, and implementing change programs that improve the delivery of software in our customer organisations.
Some examples of our recent engagements include: delivering the global e-commerce platform for a multinational company, launching a new online platform and modernising delivery practices for an NGO, and implementing a series of lightweight business process management tools for a global retailer.
To find out more click here
What will you get?
Academy positions are paid at £25,000 +bonus for the first year. Your salary will be reviewed annually with the ability for healthy increases based on your progression.
We do our best to treat our team well. Here are a few of the many perks you can expect at Made Tech:
Travel loan and cycle to work
Untracked HolidayTeam Lunches
Brand new MacBook Pro & much more!
How to apply
Our January 2019 program is open for applications. The closing date for roles starting in January 2019 is Friday November 30th
Please make sure you express your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or submit your CV via the Hire STEM Women job board and we will get in touch with you regarding the recruitment process.