2021 Technology Industrial Placement Year Programme
The department and the programme
Our Technology department spans across the entire business and is made up of several teams and divisions. As a Placement student, you'll gain experience in one of the below teams:
• Data Insights Technology – Our Data Insights Technology team works closely with wider departments to help build our data capabilities. Innovation is at the heart of what we do and we've introduced a variety of technologies including Tableau Server, Alteryx and more recently Hadoop and Spark. We're always looking for opportunities to improve and excel and what we do – these can be incremental improvements or investigating disruptive potentially game-changing approaches.
• Digital Engagement – The placement year student will work in Digital Engagement and will rotate through one or more of the following teams during the course of the year:
• The Marketing Automation Team, whose primary goal is to deliver efficiencies through automation for the Marketing Function at Schroders. They play a key part in ensuring Marketing are able provide insight to Schroders' clients and prospects
• The Public Facing Web Team, whose primary goal is to support the Marketing Function at Schroders to deliver digital content through digital technology. They play a key part in ensuring the digital face of Schroders is always visible.
• The Digital Platforms Team, whose primary goal is to enable Schroders to deliver best in class services by leading and supporting the stand up of new platforms and client propositions within the digital realm. They play a key part in ensuring the right technologies are available for Schroders to utilise
• The Digital Product Team, whose primary goal is to support the Product division at Schroders to deliver digital capability through digital technology. They play a key part in ensuring the digital face of Schroders is present within the internal Product operating model and external offerings.
Each team offers roles in Business Analysis, Development, Quality Assurance and User Experience and the placement student will have an opportunity to experience different roles during their rotations or focus on just one.
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals.
What are we looking for?
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for analytical and innovative undergraduates to join our Technology division on our 2021 Placement Year Programme designed for students who require a year industry as part of their degree.
Technology sits at the heart of what we do from providing creative solutions to designing and developing cutting edge products. You'll work on a range of initiatives, which will allow you to broaden your expertise and discover which area of technology you enjoy the most. You'll be eager to learn and keen to throw yourself into a variety of projects.
What you'll be like:
• Innovative and analytical – you're happy to think outside the box and look for a fresh perspective
• Intellectually inquisitive – be passionate and curious about technology, data, programming and more
• Collaborative and flexible – happy to get involved in a variety of tasks and projects
• Happy to interact with a variety of colleagues
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we're looking for
• A predicted 2:1 honours degree or equivalent preferably in a STEM degree
1. Online application form and CV
2. Online assessments
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the Placement Year between Monday 21 June 2021 and Friday 24 June 2022
We recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
What will you get?
Competitive pension, free gym on site, season ticket loan, GP and Dentist on site, CSR volunteering days, Medical Care Scheme, discounted private dental, health assessment, share incentive plan, travel insurance, holiday buy and sell and lots more!