Thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of the Amsterdam’s options exchange. Today we are at the forefront of trading and technology, employing over 1000 Optiverians from over 40 nationalities in Amsterdam, Chicago, Sydney and Shanghai. We stick to what we’re good at: making markets in a wide range of financial products on more than 50 exchanges around the world.
Through our core function as a market-maker we continuously improve the market by being the source of liquidity for market participants and give it stability even in times of extreme volatility. It’s a responsibility we don’t take lightly but that also makes what we do so exciting!
Ready to accelerate your growth?
As a Data Analyst you’ll be the driver for creating the future of Optiver. Through data driven insights you’ll help to improve scalability, stability and precision of Trading. Data Analysts sit on our fast-paced Trading floor working daily with Traders, Quantitative Researchers and Developers.
No two days are the same on the team. Your work will be dynamic and ever evolving, with a mixture of short-term projects where you will make an instant impact to trading, through longer-term, more strategic projects related to optimising our decision-making through new data sources.
What you’ll do:
As a Data Analyst you’ll get ownership of your own projects from the very start. This requires you to communicate with different stakeholders and you become an expert in what you do, including:
- Work on different projects processing and transforming terabytes of raw market data, streaming data pipelines, doing analysis and making visualisations;
- Build, own, maintain and further develop different interactive trading applications;
- Write and test code for several projects you have ongoing at a time, which will give trading new insights so they can improve their strategy or automate particular tasks.
- Continuously broaden your technical horizon and keep up to date with the latest and greatest technology;
This is what gets you excited:
The feedback loop for this team is immediate, therefore we look for dynamic and highly ambitious people who seek to constantly innovate, challenge the status quo and want to work alongside some of the most talented and intelligent people in the business.
Over thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, we are a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management.
What are we looking for?
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Academic degree in a STEM related area: e.g. Math, Statistics, Computer science, Engineering, Econometrics etc.
- Advanced knowledge of Python or similar language;
- Problem solving mind-set;
- Proactive, can-do attitude;
- Eagerness to learn;
- Strong communicator, you need to able to translate your ideas to different areas of the business;
What you'll get
- The chance to further your career working alongside best-in-class professionals from over 40 different countries.
- Our performance based bonus structure is unmatched anywhere in the industry. We combine our profits across desks, teams and offices into a global profit pool fostering a truly collaborative environment to work in.
- Alongside this you will get great secondary benefits such as 25 paid vacation days, fully paid first-class commuting expenses, training opportunities, discounts on health insurance, breakfast and lunch facilities, sports and leisure activities, Friday afternoon drinks and even weekly in-house chair massages. Being highly international, we are accustomed to guiding expats through their relocation, offering competitive relocation packages and providing visa sponsorship where necessary.
What will you get?
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Access to conferences and events
- Competitive remuneration
- 25 paid vacation days
- Fully paid commute
- Sports and recreation activities
- Complementary in-house barista
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner facilities
- Friday afternoon drinks with your colleagues
- Weekly in-house massages
- International transfer opportunities
How to apply
Please click on this link to apply