Graduate Software Engineer
As a Graduate Software Engineer, your biggest challenge will be balancing complexity with system performance and a reliable trading environment. The goal is to find the simplest, cleanest solution and to optimise it continually. Your activities will also include developing ultra-low-latency exchange protocol encoders and decoders, writing and fine-tuning our automated trading strategies and pricing models as well as creating and extending user interfaces.
If you enjoy a fast feedback loop and seeing the impact of your work in action, then you have found the right place. At Optiver you could be working on a change to a trading system in the morning and see it running live in the afternoon.
Your big challenge will be balancing complexity with system performance and a reliable trading environment. The goal is to find the simplest, cleanest solution and to optimise it continually.
You take ownership from the beginning, building large portions of high quality and architecturally sound systems. You will develop a deep understanding of trading and exchanges. You’re not attached to tools and technologies, but focused on solving problems. Your activities include developing ultra-low-latency exchange protocol encoders and decoders, writing and fine-tuning our automated trading strategies and pricing models as well as creating and extending user interfaces.
Over thirty years ago, Optiver started business as a single trader on the floor of Amsterdam’s European Options Exchange. Today, we are a leading global electronic market maker, focused on pricing, execution and risk management.
What are we looking for?
- An academic degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent;
- An entrepreneurial attitude and interest in the financial industry.
- Ability to write simple and clean code
- Strong engineering ability and a solid understanding of computer science
- Proficiency in language such as C++, C# or Java
- A solid grasp of algorithms, memory and concurrency models, CPU-architecture, operating systems and relational databases
- Innovative, big-picture thinking grounded in real-world pragmatism
- Continuous improvement in a rapidly evolving environment
- An analytical mindset and problem-solving skills
- Fast decision-making skills
- Team player
- Dutch is NOT required
You are able to explain your thoughts clearly through written and verbal communication and ask the right questions. You look for opportunities to get out of your comfort zone and like frequent challenges.
Prior knowledge about trading is not required as you will learn all you need to know during our six-month Tech Starters Program. You will have a combination of theoretical as well as practical experience by working on projects directly impacting the business.
What will you get?
Be part of an energetic and stimulating work environment where you’ll have the chance to work with colleagues from over 40 countries around the world.
We offer a truly collaborative culture with an unmatched performance-based bonus structure where profits across trading desks, teams and offices are combined into a global profit pool.
As an international organisation, we offer expat advice, a competitive relocation package and visa sponsorship where necessary.
- Training and continuous learning opportunities
- Competitive remuneration
- 25 paid vacation days
- Access to conferences and Tech events
- International transfer opportunities
- Fully paid commute
- Sports and recreation activities
- Complimentary in-house barista
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner facilities
- Friday afternoon drinks with your colleagues
- Weekly in-house massages
How to apply
Please click on the below link: