Being a software engineer is a great opportunity to surround yourself with people who care about the software they develop. Our clients 12 week Academy program gives you the skills you need to join one of their project delivery teams.
Your first 12 weeks is all about learning. Lead by one of our clients full-time engineers, you'll be sharpening your programming skills and learning all about shipping high quality code in a commercial environment.
The program involves:
- Learning: a combination of tutorials, solo exercises, pair programming exercises, and group programming exercises to brush up on modern software skills from agile practices to writing automated tests.
- Project Delivery: working as a team to deliver a large project. You'll go through the entire lifecycle: from capturing requirements, working with stakeholders, showcasing your work, and regularly shipping it!
- Live Project: being seconded on to live project teams for 4 weeks to experience life in front of real customers
What happens after 12 weeks?
Once you've completed your 12 week Academy program, you'll join a project team on a live customer delivery. However, this is far from where the learning finishes. Everyone in the team is heavily involved in ongoing learning, including:
- Made Learning Afternoon: every Friday afternoon our client down tools on their customer projects and focus on improving core skills
- Pair Programming: all of the teams practice pair programming. You'll be spending a chunk of your regular working day hands-on coding with other software engineers
- Retrospectives: all teams run retrospectives every couple of weeks to look at what went well and where improvements could be made. They also run a company wide retrospective every other Friday
- Growth Program: you'll have a meeting with a Director every 2 - 4 weeks to evaluate your individual growth goals and objectives enabling you to progress your career as fast as you choose
- Conferences and Meetups: the team are encouraged to attend conferences and meetups
- Discretionary Spend: everyone on the team has their own company card, with discretionary spend on books, conference tickets etc.
Businesses need to be exceptional at software delivery to stay competitive. Our partner firm help organisations to transform into high performance software teams, through agile software delivery and on-site training
What are we looking for?
It's likely you will have already developed a love for programming, and you'll be convinced that a career in software development is where you want to go.
You may have taught yourself to code, been on a course or two, or have a degree in Computer Science. You can stitch some code together, but probably have no commercial experience.
What will you get?
We do our best to treat our team well. Here are a few of the perks you can expect
- Travel loan and cycle to work
We make your commute as affordable as possible by offering a travel loan for your season ticket or by helping you buy a bike.
- Untracked Holiday
We encourage you to take off as much time as you need during the year so you’re always fresh and focused on doing great work.
- Team Lunches
We get together every Friday and have a team lunch somewhere around the office in Bankside.
- Brand new Macbook Pro
We will provide you a new laptop ready for your new start.
- Employee assistance programme
Free finance and legal advice, along with over-the-phone counselling.
How to apply
Please hit the “apply now” button below and we will get in touch with you with regards to next steps.